Mini Mincemeat Crumbles
175g plain flour
75g caster sugar
grated rind of 1/2 an orange
410g jar of mincemeat (use only half!)
Icing sugar to decorate
1 Preheat oven 180°C/350°F/ Gas 4
2. Line the base and sides of a baking tin 18x28cm with baking paper.
3. Sift flour in a large bowl, cut up the butter and rub in using fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs. 4. Add the caster sugar and stir into the mixture.
5. Measure out 100g of this mixture and set aside.
6. Bring the rest of the mixture together to form large lumps, then press into the base of the tin evenly.
7. Bake this in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and cool.
8. Grate the orange rind and add evenly across to the cooked crumb mixture .
9. Spread the mincemeat gently over the pastry base, then sprinkle over the retained crumb mixture.
10. Bake for an additional 20-25 minutes until golden. 11. Cool on a wire rack, Remove from the tin lifting carefully and cut into mini squares and dust with icing sugar. 12. For serving the mini crumbles can be placed into mini cupcake cases to eat warm or cold.